Smoothies are one of my favourite breakfasts, especially on hot summer mornings. But sometimes you get board of the same old fruit or chocolate smoothie. The world of smoothies is so exciting, it’s a shame to stick to the same mix every morning, no matter how delicious it is. Lately I’ve been trying to stay away from the world of fruit smoothies in the hopes of consuming less sugar. Not sure how the less sugar thing is going, but I’m trying.
I’ve been loving this smoothie for the past few months. It makes me feel like I’m indulging in a sugar laden, fancy coffee shop beverage, when in reality I’m getting a well balanced breakfast loaded with protein and healthy fats (and a little sweetness, cause do you know me?).
My latest obsession is a little spicy and full of flavour. The star of the show is chai – a blend of black tea and warming spices. It is super delicious and even gives your digestive system some love. I feel like it’s the perfect way to start your day.
This recipe does take a little bit of preparation since you have to brew the chai, but it is 100% worth it!
- ½ cup strong brewed chai
- ¾ cups almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (I use a plant based one)
- 1 Tbsp mct oil (liquid coconut oil)
- ½ cup ice
- Put everything into a high powered blender and mix until frothy.
- Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy!
- *notes: I simmered my chai in water on the stove for about 10 minutes to get a strong brew.
Happy Sipping 😉