I’m sure everyone has figured out I have a giant sweet tooth. I will take a cookie over a burger any day. I LOVE creating (and eating) sweet recipes! I’m not going to apologize for this thing some might call a sweet addiction, but I have decided to play around with some new ingredients and create recipes that will satisfy anyones sweet tooth while packing a big nutrition punch.
Lately I’ve been playing around with adding protein powder to my baking recipes … you know, try to offset the sugar 🙂 By replacing some of the flour with protein powder you ramp up the nutritional value and get a little extra flavour boost (that is is you use a flavoured protein). Plus you don’t feel as guilty when you eat the entire batch of whatever dessert you made. No one wants to feel guilty.
These raw protein cookie dough bars are the perfect combination of sweet and healthy. With no refined sugar, grains, or dairy they are suitable for most eating lifestyles and can be enjoyed as part of breakfast, snack, or dessert. These are definitely winners!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used a plant based protein)
- ½ cup + ⅓ cup cashew butter
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp water
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix to combine. A stiff but pliable dough should form (you will need some elbow grease to combine everything)
- Firmly press the dough into a parchment lined brownie pan
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours to set. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container (either in the fridge or freezer)