Nothing beats waking up on a crisp fall morning – putting on your cozy socks, sitting down with a cup of tea and your favourite blanket, appreciating the positives in your life. Since it’s still 30+ degrees Celsius in the middle of September, instead of reaching for everything cozy, I’ve been enjoying the flavours of fall in a refreshing smoothie. The next best way to indulge in everything pumpkin spice 🙂
If you love pumpkin spice as much as I do, this breakfast treat is perfect for you. The subtle flavour of pumpkin, sweet maple syrup, and warming spices come together for the most delicious morning pick me up.
When the weather does switch to fall – you can skip the ice and warm up the pumpkin mixture in a sauce pot before blending and pour over a shot or two of espresso or strong brewed chai – it’ll be like a warm hug for your tummy 🙂
- 1½ - 2 cups almond milk (can also use coconut)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 tbsp collagen powder (if you've never had collagen start with 1 tsp)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined and a little frothy.
- Pour into your favourite cup and enjoy.
Happy Pumpkin Spice Everything Season 🙂