Fall is my favourite time of the year. One of the reasons is the amount of pumpkin spice recipes, I can’t get enough! Pumpkin cookies, muffins, lattes, bread, and even scones. There is nothing better than fall inspired recipes and the warming spices that go hand in hand.
These pumpkin scones are perfect for any Sunday brunch, mid-afternoon snack, or forest stroll. Yes, they are perfect any time and anywhere :)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine almond milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside to curdle.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Cut solid coconut oil into the flour using two forks until it resembles peas.
- In a seperate mixing bowl combine pumpkin puree, sugar, maple syrup, and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in curdled milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a fork until everything just comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently pat into a ½ inch thick circle with the palm of your hands.
- Use a biscuit cutter or floured glass to cut out circle scones. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes.