Mother’s Day is a time to dedicate your love and appreciation to all the mother figures in your life. Go out of your way to show how much they mean to you. This should not be just another ordinary day. It’s time to make this day extraordinary!
Think about what means the most to your mom. What are her favourite things? What does she love doing? What makes her the most happy?
Really think like you were in her shoes.
It’s time to give her what she truly wants.
For my mom, this means time to relax, no house chores, potentially a little time away from the house and definitely chocolate! One of her favourite chocolate treats is from a very popular Canadian chocolate shop. It’s caramel topped with a pecan and covered in chocolate. I thought I would show you how to make 2 easy versions of this decadent treat – one giant truffle and one simplified turtles recipe. Two perfect ways to say I LOVE YOU.
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a food processor pulse all the caramel ingredients until a sticky dough forms.
- Place into the fridge to chill before assembly.
- Make the chocolate pecan dough by adding all the ingredients to a food processor and pulsing until well combined. Everything should come together to form a slightly sticky dough when pressed between your fingers.
- Roll the chilled caramel into small balls using a melon baller or ½ tsp measure.
- Take about 1 tbsp of the chocolate pecan dough and roll into a ball. Press your thumb into the middle to make a well. Place the caramel ball into the well and roll to cover the caramel.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate shell. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler. Once they are almost fully melted remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil.
- Dip the chilled truffles into the chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet. Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Roll the caramel into small balls. Press a pecan onto the top and freeze to set.
- Cover with the chocolate shell and freeze until ready to serve.
Happy Mother’s Day <3